Today, I'm releasing the design files of a board I redesigned, you may have seen the previous version in my post about libKiCad.
F4Dev, previous non-released version.
This board, dubbed F4Dev, is a small (5x5 cm) TQFP-100 adapter like board loaded with various sensors and some communication interfaces.
The board was redesigned, because the old version has components on both faces and there was a problem with the USB <-> UART converter, due to a Silicon Limitation.
- Accelerometer, 3 DoF, 16 bits (LSM303DLHC)
- Magnetometer, 3 DoF, 16 bits (LSM303DLHC)
- Gyroscope, 3 DoF, 16 bits (L3GD20)
- Barometer, 19 bits (BMP085)
- ======================================== Equivalent to a 10 DoF IMU
- Omnidirectional Microphone (MP45DT02)
- USB <-> UART (FT230X)
- Bluetooth <-> UART (See this post)
- 6 pin JTAG connector (TMS, TDI, TDO, TCK, GND, VDD) (See uJTAG)
- LED indicators
As you can see in the specifications, the F4Dev is loaded with a 10 DoF Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and wireless communication. This makes it ideal for robotics: wheeled robots, aerial robots, bipedal robots, etc.
Currently, the previous version of F4Dev, is used in Robbie, a humanoid robot. And this new version will be used in a Quadrotor/Quadcopter.
You can check all the design files (in KiCad) in the following repository(github.com).